cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject JiBX databinding implementation
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:00:32 GMT
I'm curious how the JiBX databinding GSoC project is progressing...
anything to discuss yet?

JiBX is pretty flexible in how it reads and writes XML, with its own
org.jibx.runtime.IXMLReader and IXMLWriter interfaces used to decouple
from the details of the parser and writer. Implementations of these
interfaces are supplied for working with StAX XMLStreamReader and
XMLStreamWriter, and the existing Axis2 support for JiBX should be a
good guide for fitting the actual runtime hooks together.

Just to make sure I understand how this works, JAX-WS configuration can
be used with any type of org.apache.cxf.databinding.DataBinding
implementation, right? So someone wanting to use JiBX with a JAX-WS
frontend would just need to specify this using their preferred
configuration technique (such as cxf-client.xml on the client side).

Thanks,

  - Dennis