cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for using JMS MessageID as CorrelationID
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:48:06 GMT
If the JMSListener is the Spring DefaultMessageListenerContainer, I
doubt you can change the listener's message selector at the runtime.

So I suggest to create a receive task with jms message selector to
receive the response, and use a thread pool to run these receive task.

Willem

Seumas Soltysik wrote:
> Hi Willem,
> One more thing. With respect to using a workqueue I don't think it really solves the
issue. The JMSListener essentially already uses its own workqueue to listen asynchronously
for replies. The real issue is to minimize the number of JMSListeners required to handle the
asynch scenario. As opposed to having a listener per thread, it would be better to have a
pool of listeners which could be allocated as individual threads make asych calls. A workqueue
is not going to help with this issue.
> Regards,
> Seumas

specified in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2760 . After putting some work/thought
into this issue, I became aware that this feature is available on the trunk but was not back-merged
to the 2.1.x and 2.2.x branches. I am in the process of trying take what is done on trunk
implement something similar on 2.1 and 2.2. However I have a  couple of issues with the implementation
on trunk that I want to sort out before back-porting.

>> 1)There is no attribute in the clientConfig schema to specify that the user wants
to use the MessageID in lieu of the CorrelationID. Currently the logic for deciding whether
to use the MessageID instead of a generated CorrelationID looks like this:

>>             } else if (!jmsConfig.isSetConduitSelectorPrefix()
>>                        && (exchange.isSynchronous() || exchange.isOneWay())
>>                        && (!jmsConfig.isSetUseConduitIdSelector()
>>                            || !jmsConfig.isUseConduitIdSelector())) {
>>                 messageIdPattern = true;
>>
>> This is quite a bit of mumbo-jumbo which could be sorted out by specifying a config
attribute.
> Yes, a simple config attribute could help us.
>
>> 2)There is a bit of code which seem left over from a previous implementation that
has no value:

>>             if (exchange.isSynchronous()) {
>>                 synchronized (exchange) {
>>                     exchange.put(CORRELATED, Boolean.TRUE);
>>                     exchange.notifyAll();
>>                 }
>>             }
>>
>> I don't see the current purpose of this as I don't see any code which has another
thread waiting on the exchange mutex.

> It's useless,
>> 3)The biggest issue with the current implementation on the trunk is the fact that
using the MessageID as CorrelationID is not supported for asynchronous calls. I don't know
if this was purposeful or not but the MessageID as CorrelationID paradigm is only implemented
for synchronous calls. Here is the source of the problem:

>>         if (!exchange.isOneWay()) {
>>             synchronized (exchange) {
>>                 jmsTemplate.send(jmsConfig.getTargetDestination(), messageCreator);
>>                 if (messageIdPattern) {
>>                     correlationId = messageCreator.getMessageID();
>>                 }
>>                 headers.setJMSMessageID(messageCreator.getMessageID());
>>
>>                 final String messageSelector = "JMSCorrelationID = '" + correlationId
+ "'";
>>                 if (exchange.isSynchronous()) {
>>                     javax.jms.Message replyMessage = jmsTemplate.receiveSelected(replyToDestination,
>>
messageSelector);
>>                     if (replyMessage == null) {
>>                         throw new RuntimeException("Timeout receiving message with
correlationId "
>>                                                    + correlationId);
>>                     } else {
>>                         doReplyMessage(exchange, replyMessage);
>>                     }
>>                 }
>>             }
>>
>> In this situation the MessageID is never put into the correlationMap for future correlation
in onMessage(). Furthermore if the call is async, there is no JMSListener set up to receive
the reply using a selector which selects for the CorrrelationID equal to the MessageID. So
the JMSConduit will never receive the async callback. In order to support the async scenario,
the JMSListener needs to dynamically set the MessageSelector after the message is sent and
the MessageID is available. Furthermore, in a multi-threaded environment, there has to be
one of these listeners per thread so that threads don't modify the same message selector when
making concurrent calls.