cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CXF-2688] Special rules to add new attributes to CXF configuration ?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:29:52 GMT
On Mon March 1 2010 6:29:18 pm Cyrille Le Clerc wrote:
>    Dear all,
>
>    I created the new feature proposal "[CXF-2688] Allow deactivation
> of SSL X509 Certificates validation" that is primarily intended to
> ease usage of self-signed SSL certificates on non-production
> environments.

Ah!   Real code to activate my commented out stuff.  Cool!

>    Are there special rules to introduce a new attribute in CXF
> configuration files ? Can it be done for a minor release like 2.2.7 or

Since it's completely compatible, I would have no issue getting it added to
2.2.7.   On thing that would be nice to do is in the xs:documentation tag, add
a "Since 2.2.7" or other note so people browsing the schemas would know.

> just for major releases like 2.3.0 ? How are the
> http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/*.xsd files updated ?

Once it's all checked in and such, you login to people.apache.org and copy it
to /www/cxf.apache.org/schemas and then wait a few hours for it to sync.
Also, make sure it's cxf group writable.

Occasionally, I'll grab a cxf-bundle jar and check the schemas in there to
make sure they match those on the site, but to get it there faster, it's best
to just copy it when you commit your changes.

Dan

>    My proposal includes the addition of the boolean attribute
> 'trustAllCertificates' to the 'TLSClientParametersType' complex type
> of security.xsd.
>
>    Cyrille
>
> --
> Cyrille Le Clerc