cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Licensed JAX-RS Spec API JAR
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:42:08 GMT
On 2/10/2010 4:07 PM, Bryant Luk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We (some followers to Wink dev mailing list) were wondering if the CXF
> dev community would be interested in helping to contribute/consume a
> JAX-RS 1.0/1.1 API JAR for Geronimo's spec jars that were Apache
> licensed.  I couldn't find an Apache licensed version of the JSR-311
> spec.  I see other communities that have implemented JSR specs are
> using Apache licensed of their specs.  I don't know the exact
> procedure to contribute a spec api jar to Geronimo, but I don't think
> this would take too much effort considering that most of the JAX-RS
> spec is annotation/interface based with very few actual classes.

Creating a JAX-RS spec jar is definitely in our plans, but it just
hasn't happened yet because we haven't started looking at integrating
this support yet.  We even have a Jira open for this particular task:

If you'd like to contribute code for this, the easiest way would be to
attach a patch to that Jira issue.

Rick

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Davanum Srinivas<davanum@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Got it. i mis-remembered seeing a jax-rs api jar from geronimo. Looks
>> like CXF uses the CDDL jar as well. May be we should ping them to see
>> if they would be interested.
>>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>> -- dims
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Nicholas L Gallardo
>> <nlgallar@us.ibm.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> +1 from me Bryant.
>>>
>>> There isn't a JSR spec for JAX-RS available in Geronimo as of yet. I don't know
where they've come from in the past, but I'm assuming they've been contributed by the relevant
technical teams/communities.