cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject WS-2.2 support and Geronimo.
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:46:51 GMT
Dan Culp posted an item back in January that stated:

    One thing that will probably NOT be in 2.3 is JAX-WS 2.2 support unless some
    sudden demand pops up for it.   Using JAX-WS 2.2 with Java6 is a real pain
    (requires endorsing jars and such) which is a pretty large burden for users.
    Thus, we'll probably delay this till 2.4 or maybe create a separate "jaxws22"
    module that extends the 2.1 module or something.

I'd like to generate some demand here.  We're trying to put together a
Java EE 6 compliant release of Geronimo this year, tentatively targeted
around the end of September.  One requirement for achieving that is a
JAX-WS 2.2 release.  Information I've received from the Axis2 community
was their version would not be available until the end of October, so we
were sort of banking on CXF providing this so we can get a certified
release.  Based on the above, this now looks to be in jeopardy.  I'd
like to urge you to maybe reconsider your stance with respect to
implementing these features.  The Geronimo server can handle the
endorsed jars just fine (we already need to deal with that for the Yoko
ORB)...that particular detail is hidden from the user by the server
infrastructure.

Rick