cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WS-2.2 support and Geronimo.
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 20:13:52 GMT

Rick,

I have no problem with getting 2.2 implemented, but the end result is that CXF
out of the box needs to run on Java6 without any funky endorsing crap required
by the users.   It also needs to run easily with maven builds and such on Java
6.  That pretty much means, by default, JAX-WS 2.1.

I have chatted with the JBoss folks about roughly the same issue.  One thought
we has was to create a cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws22 module or similar that would
subclass the stuff in the normal jaxws module and add the 2.2 specific stuff
thats needed.    To enable 2.2, you would just need to make sure that extra
jar is picked up first.   I really haven't look enough into the 2.2 spec stuff
to know how feasible that really is.   Mostly just a theory at this point.

The other issue is that we don't have the 2.2 standalone TCK yet.   Not sure
if it's available.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp