cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Bimschas <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
Subject Re: JAXB and JAX-RS under CXF
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:07:59 GMT
Oh great thing Sergey,

thanks for that answer. I just tried and it works just fine. In fact, documentation was either
misleading or I misread. The documentation says

"This property has a limited value for JAXRS services as JAXB is supported by default, the
only supported value is 'aegis' and it is a shortcut for registering an Aegis provider [...]"

which is a little hard to understand. One the one hand it says JAXB is supported, but on the
other hand 'aegis' is the only value you're allowed to use. So this confused me.

Thanks for the clarification and the impressively fast response!

Regards,
Daniel

Am 20.01.2010 um 18:20 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:

> Hi
>
> It is possible. It has to work, you do not even has to enable it for JAXRS; for DOSGI-RI/JAX-RS
it is a default databinding given that the JAXRS spec requires the JAXB support OTB so I thought
asking users to explictly add org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding=jaxb just to enable JAXB would
be too much...
> Are you seeing any issues ? I'm thinking may be I've just done another piece of the documentation
which is confusing ? One thing I'm saying there is that if you do not want to have your bundle
modified for JAXB be supported at runtime as well as to explicitly annotate beans with @XmlRootElement
and friends (that is, to import JAXB packages) then if it is JAX-RS only you can register
a custom (CXF JAXRS) JAXBElementProvider and tell it to use JAXBElement internally and that
is it...

> cheers, Sergey
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Bimschas" <bimschas@itm.uni-luebeck.de>

but with JAX-WS. Is that correct? And what is the reason for it?

--
M.Sc. Daniel Bimschas
Institute of Telematics, University of Lübeck