cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Radical structure reorg thoughts for 2.3....
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:38:48 GMT
Hi Dan and Richard,

if they can be completely separated then it is ok to give them an
independent release number. On the other hand I donĀ“t think it hurts a
lot if they are built and released with the rest of cxf.
The problem with separate releases is that you have to do the complete
formal process like voting. I guess the additional effort could fast
outweigh the benefits.

On the other hand it could be nice to have the build stuff that can be
separated in a quite independent sub project. As this project would be
quite small it could easier draw developers. The complete cxf code can
be quite intimidating. So if you or someone else are willing to do the
effort of separate releases I would vote for a separation.

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider