cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Radical structure reorg thoughts for 2.3....
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:38:47 GMT
On Mon January 25 2010 4:21:47 pm Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> some comments:
>
> 1) If you want to give these modules owwn version I think you should
> move them out of the main cxf tree as it would be confusing if part of
> the tree behaves differently.
> I would versioning like it is though. I think it does not hurt to build
> new versions with each release. It also is easier for people searching
> support to say "I use cxf 2.2.5" instead of  "I use cxf 2.2.5, xjc
> 2.1.1, ..."
>
> 2) same as above

For both of these, when I said subproject, I meant a proper subproject like
the DOSGi stuff.     Not in the main tree, separate "trunk" area for them.

Part of the reason is to reduce the number of modules and stuff that are
sucked into and setup in eclipse.  When someone first tries to get CXF into
eclipse, it's a TON of modules.   Very daunting.   The xjc stuff and
buildtools is about 12 of those, yet provides very little toward actually
developing "CXF proper".

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp