cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wsdl production versus hash tables
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:57:47 GMT
On Wed January 20 2010 7:11:32 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> We've noticed that the order in which some bits of WSDLs come out of
> CXF depends on which JRE is running -- a sure sign a hash iteration
> order dependency.
>
> Does anyone know off hand if this is CXF code as opposed to wsdl4j code?

Is this a "Java First" case?    If so, it can depend on a lot of things.   For
example, when you call "class.getMethods()" with the IBM JDK, you get the
methods in the reverse order than when using the Sun JDK.   Thus, anything
generated from using reflection based code (thus, all JAXB stuff, all Aegis
stuff, RSFB, etc....) would end up in reverse.

That said, I do believe wsdl4j uses plain HashMaps (or maybe even Hashtable as
wsdl4j supports OLD versions of the JDK) and probably doesn't use
LinkedHashMaps.   Thus, it could also be an issue.

In short:  I have no idea.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org