cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Proposal : HTTP view for managed endpoints
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:33:39 GMT
Hi

Now that both JAXWS and JAXRS operations can be monitored over JMX (hope Cyrille will confirm
it later on), I reckon it would be cool to let users issue _manage queries against individual
endpoints and get an HTML view, rather than having to launch a JConsole, ex :

GET http://myjaxwsservice?_manage
GET http://myjaxrsservice?_manage

A custom QueryHandler implementation, registered as part of the management feature, will convert
the information from the JMX mbeans into an HTML page. For a start, it can just do some plain
HTML in code. At the next stage, we can think about produceing nicer pages and adding some
polling JavaScript code, etc.

Any comments ? I think it would be a very nice feature which would make the CXF management
feature very visible to users. If someone could take upon this task then it would be appreciated
a lot. Perhaps I might also look into it later on.

cheers, Sergey