cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Idea for JAX WS binding files during code generation
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:38:14 GMT
Often binding files are simply used to adjust things you want to have in
all code generated from your wsdls. (Like mapping XmlGregorianCalendar
to Date).
Still the binding file must contain a wsdlLocation. So this makes it
impossible to define one default binding file in the default options.

So in the case of a default binding file I propose to write a copy of
the binding file to the target directory and replace the wsdlLocation
with the location of the wsdl file that is currently processed.
Is this a good idea?

Another solution would be to allow the wsdlLocation to be missing in the
binding file and then internally resolve it to the wsdl file currently
processed in the wsdl2java tool. This would be cleaner but I think this
would be against the spec.

Greetings

Christian

--