cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Yoav Abrahami <yoa...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggestion to integrate J2XB into CXF
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:12:15 GMT
Hi all,
I have been seeing the XFire and CXF projects mature of the last few years
and really like the approach. Great work guys.

J2XB is an open source for Data Binding with some novel ideas.
I have been running for some time trying to prove a point - that you can
define a complete service interface in Java using only Java code and
annotations.
A Service interface includes the WSDL generation including XML Schema
generation with full facets supports, inheritance, customized structure
mapping, etc.
In addition, it has novel support for model classes which do not have
default constructors and require the use of complex constructors or
factories.

The J2XB site is at http://j2xb.sourceforge.net/

I am currently thinking about returning to the J2XB project to add
additional novel ideas for adding comments and documentation to the
generated WSDL and for complete interfaces inheritance support, as well as
thoughts about enabling a second mapping configuration alternative as XML
instead of annotations.

I am basically asking you guys two questions
1. Is there an interest in integrating J2XB 1.1 as it is now with Apache
CFX?
2. Is there an interest in continuing the work of the J2XB project either as
joining it or as taking the ideas (including the ones I am thinking of for
J2XB 2.0) to existing frameworks in CFX?

Cheers,
  Yoav