cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1148
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:13:09 GMT
On Mon October 26 2009 8:20:23 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> I started this, so now that I'm a committer I can finish it.
>
> However, I'd be grateful for some opinions. Does anyone object to hiding
>  the message about cxf.xml in conditions where it's not terribly relevant?
>  Can we decide to do this automatically?

Honestly, I think the message should be "reversed".   Basically, if we don't
find a cxf.xml on the classpath, just ignore and continue silently.   If we DO
find one, put an INFO message of "Using config from ....."

>  Can anyone shed any light on the
>  other message?

Is it still an issue?    At one point, we were seriously mixing up some
@Resource annotations for the Bus using name="cxf" for some and name="bus" for
others.     Since we didn't have a bean named "bus", (the name is "cxf" in the
config) they didn't resolve.   A while ago, I went through and made them all
name="cxf" where appropriate and removed many of them entirely if possible.
Thus, that message might not even occur anymore.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org