cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira Issues: More than half are bugs?!
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:03:10 GMT
On Sat October 10 2009 11:52:40 am Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just looked into what jira issues are open at the moment. There
> are some things I found.
> More than half of the open issues are bugs (54%). Of these about 50% are
> older than one year.
> Do we really have that many open bugs? I somehow suspect many of these
> bugs are either not relevant anymore.

I started going through last week some of the JIRA's and ended up closing off
about 60 of them, but it's kind of slow going.     According to my notes, I
got up to CXF-1803 in my review (started at the first one and went up).   I
was mostly just checking for obviously fixed things though.   I started
creating a list of stuff that I think may be fixed already or, if not, would
only take a couple hours to diagnose and fix.    When I get some extra time
(was in meetings all week this week), I was going to start walking through
some of them.     I included my "notes" below.

I suspect a bunch of the "bugs" are also really feature requests.

Dan

Last review 1803

Don't look too hard: (for me)
Bug   CXF-758   POST with not body causes exception in REST service
CXF-681    Set the indent of the generated wsdl
CXF-675   Refactor http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws schema and
BeanDefinitionParsers
CXF-622   HTTPClientPolicy CacheControl type should accept parameters for some
directives
mprovement   CXF-629   WSDL2Java/cxf-codegen-plugin should not generate client
artifacts when "-impl" flag is provided
 Bug   CXF-652   Dump incoming/outgoing SOAP messages by enabling logging
 Improvement   CXF-920   Need system property for output client request and
 Bug   CXF-806   java2wsdl gives poor diagnosis of bad JAXB bean class
 Bug   CXF-857   Unable to Deploy CXF 2.0 service on Glassfish (Sun App
Server)
CXF-879   preceeding / in cxf-servlet.xml causes link displayed in services
panel to fail
CXF-881   Class cast exception when running JCA Integration sample
CXF-1087   Spring control of jetty server
CXF-1091   Javadoc missing for dispatch client capability
Improvement   CXF-1111   For samples, upgrade to a Servlet 2.4-compatible
deployment descriptor
Bug   CXF-1159   Remove FixedExtensionDeserializer once XmlSchema delivers
their fix
Sub-task   CXF-1259   CXF-1243 NPE when SEI methods throws RemoteException
Bug   CXF-1282   Can't set the excutor from JAXWS API
Bug   CXF-1283   Forking another thread to invoke the service implementation
in ServiceInvokerInterceptor is not working
CXF-1402   MTOM missing pieces
Improvement   CXF-1427   wsdl2java: Generate first class Java enum for inline
element
 Bug   CXF-1561   pom.xml is missing a dependency when CXF is configured to
handle JSON/REST messages
 CXF-2386 - abdera-extensions-main and abdera-i18n are required by cxf-bundle-
minimal but not present in any repository
 Improvement   CXF-2268   Collapse Atom Feed and Entry providers and support
Atom reflectively
 Bug   CXF-1668   Wrong encoding using JMS Transport
 CXF-1679   Schema entries with same targetNamespace produces error in
wsdl2java
 CXF-1706   Aegis binding behaves differently than JAXB in regards to MTOM
support
 CXF-1731   Unexpected control based on the namespace of the soap:body element
 CXF-1791   Exception feedback - AuthHeader invalid
 CXF-1817   wsdl2java RandomValueProvider gives StackOverflowException on
bidirectional reference
 CXF-1818   java2ws -createxsdimports with packages that reference other
packages should have schemaLocation in schema import
 CXF-1838   Space in project name causes ?wsdl parameter to fail
 CXF-1939   WSDLToJava doesn't generate Service interface class, when wsdl has
2 services names that differ for an underscore
 CXF-1983   Allow aegis binding at global level as well
 CXF-2015   Add capability to configure per-request client interceptors
 CXF-2035   Issues with SOAPAction
 CXF-2053   wsdl2java should log reason for switching from wrapped to bare in
verbose mode
 CXF-2208   Local Transport Client Timeout can't be configured
 CXF-2308   Invalid signature of
cxf.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/cxf/ws/addressing/AddressingProperties.html#setTo

Test cases:
CXF-1234   Array confusion for Doc/Lit/Bare methods
Improvement   CXF-1235   Suggestion: use @WebParam cues when auto-generating
request wrappers for Doc/Lit/Wrapped
Bug   CXF-1407   Item element with xmlns="" in Exception with arrays of compex
objects
CXF-1497   Supplied WSDL soap:address not being updated with actual host name
when queried.
CXF-2183   wsdl2java "only one global bindings customization is allowed" with
embedded imported schema namespace
CXF-2223   Proxy authentication failure with SSL tunneling
CXF-2244   Server accepts an unsigned message when the policy requires a
signed message.
  CXF-2293   cxf-codegen-plugin fails with 'Mojo Execution Failed'

Request for info:
Bug   CXF-2192   missing dependency on codegen plugin
CXF-2232   CXF wsdltojava client generation fails to generated the service
with targetnamespace
  CXF-2277   Error stopping Tomcat after executing a one-way Web Service
  Bug   CXF-2283   Exposed Webservice disappear after a child spring app
context closed
  CXF-2284   org.apache.cxf.BusException: No binding factory for namespace
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/ registered."

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org