cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF-2275, CXF-2276, and the new sample.....
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:52:29 GMT
On Thu October 1 2009 4:48:55 am Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> for CXF-2275 there is currently no way to include the wsdl in the jar of
> the current project. I think this should be added as you explained that
> in some cases the wsdl is necessary at runtime.

I'm not so sure this is really necessary.    I think the best option would be
for them at runtime to specify the location of the "live" wsdl when creating
the Service object.   Like 'http://blah.com/services/foo?wsdl" or similar.
Thus, the wsdl wouldn't need to be added to the jar, but could also be used.

> Do you know how to add a file to the jar? Is it just done by copying the
> wsdl file to the classes folder?

They would probably need to use the dependency:copy-artifact goal or similar
to copy the wsdl artifact to something like target/generated-resources or
something that is configured as a resources directory.

> I also have to still add a test for the feature. Trygve advised to use
> maven project with two subprojects for the test. One that creates the
> wsdl and one that includes it and builds code from it.
> I plan to add this to the systests.

Ick..  Have fun.  :-)    I really hate trying to write tests for maven
plugins.   I'm not sure, but you MAY be able to look at the unit test
frameworks for the remote-resources plugin.  It supposedly uses the maven
invoker stuff to invoke maven internally.   Not really sure though.

> CXF-2276 is finished.
> Apart from this I think the additions should at least do no harm so it
> is good to merge them to 2.2.x.

Merged.  Thanks!

> I also would vote to include the new sample to 2.2.x. The one feature
> that the new example does not show anymore is how to turn on xsd
> validation. But I think this feature
> is not so important - especially for beginners.

Also merged.  Thanks!

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp