cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Eamonn Dwyer <eamdwyer...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How do I write and test a sample?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:17:14 GMT

Hi Christian
for part 1 of the issue could you do something like this to your pom.xml to copy the libs
prior to building/running the demo.

       <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>copylibs</id>
                        <phase>install</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <tasks>
                               <copy
                                   file="cxf-bundle.jar"
                                   tofile="${checkout.folder}/cxf-bundle.jar">
                               </copy>
                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

To build and run the demo you could use the tasks defined in
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html

Hope this helps
Eamonn

> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:34:02 +0200
> From: chris@die-schneider.net
> To: dev@cxf.apache.org
> Subject: How do I write and test a sample?
>
> Hi,
>
> I currently try to create a new wsdl first example in response to a long
> standing jira issue. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-52)
>
> The example already works quite well with maven. I can simply define the
> dependencies in the pom and also directly test from the checkout folder.
>
> For ant it seems to be more difficult. When I try to execute an ant
> build it complains about not finding the libs as they do not exist in
> the checkout folder. When I do a full build of the distribution module I
> can of course test after extracting the final zip. This of course
> creates a quite painfull long build / test cycle. Is there a way to make
> the ant build work directly in the checkout?
>
> My other problem is that I want to add some dependencies to the wsdl
> first example (log4j and junit). How do I do this for the ant build?
> They do not seem to be copied to the lib folder when I add them to the
> pom.xml and do a maven build of distribution. Is there some special
> place where they are defined?
>
> Greetings
>
> Christian

Get 30 Free Emoticons for your Windows Live Messenger
http://www.livemessenger-emoticons.com/funfamily/en-ie/