cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merging Aegis updates to 2.2.x
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:44:16 GMT
Well. You asked me to tackle the collection issues. I looked into them, and
concluded that radical surgery on Aegis was needed. And that happened after
I had done radical surgery to introduce flat='true'.

Now, all of this should be compatible. However, I'm not impressed with the
test coverage we have, based on previous complaints of Aegis compatibility
issues. My conservative inclination is to say that this stuff is not
backporting, and 2.2 JAX-RS+Aegis is what it is, and will only change for
2.3. On the other extreme, you and Dan could backport all the pending Aegis
changes: flat='true' and also the changes for generics that I made to try to
make JAX-RS work better. And, if by some chance someone undertakes
'unqualified', that will be yet another layer of complex changes.

All of this highlights a tension between 'do development in trunk and merge
back' and 'make radical changes in trunk.' Dan?