cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Part with no name or type?
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:50:20 GMT

I would say that it invalid, at least for soap.   The WSI-BP specifically
says:

R2204  A document-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in each of its
soapbind:body element(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been defined
using the element attribute.

and

R2203  An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in its
soapbind:body element(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been defined
using the type attribute.

In your case, it's not defined by type or element, and thus is not valid for
rpc/lit or doc/lit.

Thus, I would say throwing an exception saying this is invalid is an
appropriate thing to do.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp