cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Back to normal.....
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:26:01 GMT
On Wed September 2 2009 3:56:58 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> Inquiring minds want to know: are you gonna move corba tests to their own
> group?

Actually, I'd really want to ask a slightly broader question: how fine grained
should the categories be?   For example: you created an aegis category for
aegis.   Would it have been better to be a "databinding" category that would
cover aegis/jaxb/xmlbeans/sdo?

For the ws-specs, I did it relatively broad.   I could have had a ws-policy,
ws-security, ws-rm, etc... groups, but decided to keep it broader.

Another example, do we have separate http-servlet, http-jetty, jms, etc...
groups or just a "transports" group?

Basically, the broader the groups, the better sharing we can get.   (for
example: I know the JMS and http-jetty tests share a bunch of things related
to the continuations)

To specifically answer your question:  no.  There are two corba test packages:
1) one in org.apache.cxf.systest.corba - that one could be split out, but it's
small.  Not much point.

2) one in org.apache.cxf.systest.type_test.corba - this is part of the whole
type_test framework of tests and cannot be separated out of there (easily).

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org