cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Handling collections with Aegis in JAX-RS
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:22:40 GMT
Hi Benson

I'll update the javaDocs, now it is the Map<Class<?>, Type> that will be
passed. For example,

List<Baz> updateList(@PathParam("someParam") FooBean param,  List<Bar>
bars);

In this method a Foo type won't be of interest to Aegis but only
List<Baz> and List<Bar>.

So the map containing :

1. updateListMethod.getReturnType() :
updateListMethod.getGenericReturnType()
2. updateListMethod.getParameterTypes()[1] :
updateListMethod.getGenericParameterTypes()[1]

Will be passed to the databinding

So it will provide all the required information. Do you think it will
work for Aegis ? I think it should...

> Aegis has a perfectly
good API for passing in a set of root classes. Why is it better to pass
that
collection through this property map instead of calling setRootClasses?

JAXRS DataBindingProvider is not coded against specific DataBinding
implementations, it is only aware of DataBinding interface, so it should
work with JAXB/Aegis/SDO and XMLBeans. The idea behind introducing this
provider is to let users to use databinding beans as JAXRS provider
instances...

Cheers, Sergey