cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL2JS
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:41:40 GMT

Hi Benson.

do you mind if I ask for some clarification?
> 1) you can ask the server to generate and deliver the javascript client.

The server will actually generate and send a javascript client to the
requesting remote class correct?
But if need be, can the server also generate a WSDL file - which I am
assuming can be used on
the client side with the WSDL2js to generate the javascript client?

> 2) you can create a 'dynamic client' that can talk to moderately
> complex services.
>
> However, option 2 requires the entire CXF stack on the client, and I
> have no idea if J2ME has the necessary goodies.

But still there is a reduced set of CXF classes that can be run under
J2ME-CDC or CLDC? I am
looking for the appropriate server/container that I can run under J2ME
and which can host CXF
web services and I am not having much luck. I think my only option would
be to use OSGi (I think
Equinox and Knopflerfish can run under J2ME) in which case I will need a
bundle-fied version of
CXF - I am going over the Distributed OSGi pages on the CXF site hoping
that is what I am looking
for.

Thanks again