cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL2JS
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 04:51:52 GMT

Hi Benson,

    I took a look into the rt folder and did go over the cxf-utils.js
module - so the generated
client javascript code makes use of this module to send its requests to
the service - correct?

I  know that looking through the code is the best way to learn a lot of
this but this code
is fairly large so I am not sure I will have the time to go through it
before I need to make the
decision to go with CXF - the only Q I have here is, before I invest the
time going over the
documentation, is there enough material there to help me figure out CXF?
It seems that the
web site if fairly well organized so that's encouraging.

Thanks

Benson Margulies wrote:
> I would recommend wrapping/intercepting the object in cxf-utils.js
> that sends the requests.
>
> There's really no substitute for reading some of this code.
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Demetris<demetris@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>
>> So if I want to intercept the SOAP message that the client javascript will
>> be sending out I will need
>> to dig into the http layers? Is there anything I can do at the app layer to
>> intercept that message without
>> disrupting/modifying the javascript?
>>
>> Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>>> When the server provides the javascript, it provides the correct URL.
>>> Which is often not port 8080.
>>>
>>>  To answer another question, no z/OS is not required.

  Not sure
 :-)

with Axis 2 etc. and
so I have a

wrote:

> [...]
the info Benson.

across
at least I am assuming that
or not? This is
so I was wondering.

support RPC/encoded.
RI doesn't.  Etc....
REALLY don't want to
need to migrate to

substrate somewhere. I'm not
terms, we just don't have

to interconnect an old Axis

is because a WSDL file that I
in JAX-2.0". I had a
- I think I know what the
I will return and send more

a "bridge" between Axis WS and
WS and vice versa or not?

to build Soap 1.1 Javascript clients
JAX-WS is relatively neither

modes. You can run the tool as a
that (with the utility
that has a compatible request
web service to deliver a
will be returned.

PM,

- because wsdl2js utilizes JAX-WS
Is that correct?

a bit with wsdl2js I am beginning to
wsdlurl in order to get the server to
since I am new to this -
are we talking about in this case?
generate the Javascript is through a
the WSDL
can I use this tool to generate the

wrote:

> [...]
of CXF, so it requires Java 1.5. Since
I don't understand why you need to
can just use the ?js URL form from the server
to generate it on the fly.

2009 at 2:32 PM,

in generating Javascript stubs from a
am
that the WSDL2js tool is the
tool to use. Has anyone used this tool so
couple of Qs?

Java version is the tool built on?
used it under J2ME-CDC to generate stubs for