cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL2JS
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:07:11 GMT

So if I want to intercept the SOAP message that the client javascript
will be sending out I will need
to dig into the http layers? Is there anything I can do at the app layer
to intercept that message without
disrupting/modifying the javascript?

Benson Margulies wrote:
> When the server provides the javascript, it provides the correct URL.
> Which is often not port 8080.
>
>  To answer another question, no z/OS is not required.
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Demetris<demetris@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>
>> One more question for whoever has a few minutes to help out -
>> Let's say my client contacted the remote server using a URL in order to
>> obtain the javascript client.
>> When this script is loaded and ran on the client side browser, I am assuming
>> that by default it uses
>> HTTP to send out the SOAP message to the server right? Which port does it
>> write to - similar to
>> Axis, 8080?
>>
>> Demetris wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>>   the documentation says:
>>> "It is relatively straightforward to run a CXF service in a Tomcat
>>> <http://tomcat.apache.org/> container on z/OS". But the IBM OS
>>> is not a requirement correct? I can run this service on any Tomcat
>>> container running on any OS right?
>>> I know this is an elementary Q but I wanted to make sure there are not
>>> OS-specific dependencies.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Benson.

across
I am assuming that
This is something
wondering.

RPC/encoded.
 Etc....

somewhere. I'm not
we just don't have

a WSDL file that I
in JAX-2.0". I had a
I think I know what the
return and send more info

between Axis WS and
vice versa or not?

Soap 1.1 Javascript clients
is relatively neither here

You can run the tool as a
that (with the utility file
has a compatible request
web service to deliver a
returned.

Demetris<demetris@ece.neu.edu>

wsdl2js utilizes JAX-WS
Is that correct?

with wsdl2js I am beginning to
in order to get the server to
I am new to this -
we talking about in this case?
the Javascript is through a
use this tool to generate the

so it requires Java 1.5. Since its
I don't understand why you need to run
use the ?js URL form from the server
it on the fly.

at 2:32 PM,

in generating Javascript stubs from a WSDL
WSDL2js tool is the
to use. Has anyone used this tool so that
of Qs?

is the tool built on?
under J2ME-CDC to generate stubs for