cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL2JS
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:57:30 GMT

One more question for whoever has a few minutes to help out -
Let's say my client contacted the remote server using a URL in order to
obtain the javascript client.
When this script is loaded and ran on the client side browser, I am
assuming that by default it uses
HTTP to send out the SOAP message to the server right? Which port does
it write to - similar to
Axis, 8080?

Demetris wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
>    the documentation says:
> "It is relatively straightforward to run a CXF service in a Tomcat
> <http://tomcat.apache.org/> container on z/OS". But the IBM OS
> is not a requirement correct? I can run this service on any Tomcat
> container running on any OS right?
> I know this is an elementary Q but I wanted to make sure there are not
> OS-specific dependencies.
>
> Thanks
>
> Benson Margulies wrote:
>> CXF has two things going on here.
>>
>> 1) you can ask the server to generate and deliver the javascript client.
>> 2) you can create a 'dynamic client' that can talk to moderately
>> complex services.
>>
>> However, option 2 requires the entire CXF stack on the client, and I
>> have no idea if J2ME has the necessary goodies.
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Demetris<demetris@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Does CXF support client-side programming for Web Services? What we
>>> are after
>>> in one of our projects
>>> is to:
>>> (1) host web services (or at least a Soap engine) on mobile devices
>>> (primarily running J2ME CDC)
>>> (2) build web service clients on mobile devices, either by
>>> discovering and
>>> utilizing WSDLs (to generate
>>> javascript stubs) or some other mechanism to allow them to generate the
>>> client code.
>>>
>>> Not sure how realistic this is at this stage but I am not finding
>>> much on
>>> (1) and a bit on (2). Many people
>>> have said that generating WSDLs on mobile devices is a difficult
>>> task so we
>>> are considering the off-the-
>>> device mechanisms.

and