cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL2JS
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:41:26 GMT

Hey guys,

    the documentation says:
"It is relatively straightforward to run a CXF service in a Tomcat
<http://tomcat.apache.org/> container on z/OS". But the IBM OS
is not a requirement correct? I can run this service on any Tomcat
container running on any OS right?
I know this is an elementary Q but I wanted to make sure there are not
OS-specific dependencies.

Thanks

Benson Margulies wrote:
> CXF has two things going on here.
>
> 1) you can ask the server to generate and deliver the javascript client.
> 2) you can create a 'dynamic client' that can talk to moderately
> complex services.
>
> However, option 2 requires the entire CXF stack on the client, and I
> have no idea if J2ME has the necessary goodies.
>

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Demetris<demetris@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Does CXF support client-side programming for Web Services? What we are after
>> in one of our projects
>> is to:
>> (1) host web services (or at least a Soap engine) on mobile devices
>> (primarily running J2ME CDC)
>> (2) build web service clients on mobile devices, either by discovering and
>> utilizing WSDLs (to generate
>> javascript stubs) or some other mechanism to allow them to generate the
>> client code.
>>
>> Not sure how realistic this is at this stage but I am not finding much on
>> (1) and a bit on (2). Many people
>> have said that generating WSDLs on mobile devices is a difficult task so we
>> are considering the off-the-
>> device mechanisms.
>>
>> Daniel Kulp wrote:

>>> I believe Axis1 can do doc/literal.   JAX-RPC did require some level of
>>> support for that so I'm pretty sure Axis1 implemented it.   Not sure how to
>>> go about configuring it to do so.   I'm not an Axis1 user.  :-)
>>>
>>> Dan

Axis

I'm not sure

I had a feeling