cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL2JS
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:15:40 GMT

That's what I figured ;) Thanks  for the info Benson.

Now regarding inteconnection of Web Services across implementations, if
there is no bridge
between the old RPC/encoded and CFX, at least I am assuming that newer
versions would
be able to handle SOAP calls across them or not? This is something I
never tried/looked into
while I worked exclusively with Axis so I was wondering.

Benson Margulies wrote:
> OK, that message is buried in the substrate somewhere. I'm not sure
> that I agree with it :-) In practical terms, we just don't have the
> code or RPC/encoded.
>
> I'm unaware of anything you can use to interconnect an old Axis
> RPC/encoded service with CXF.
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Demetris<demetris@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Benson,
>>
>> the reason I mentioned JAX-WS is because a WSDL file that I passed to
>> WSDL2JS returned
>> "RCP/encoded WSDLs are not supported in JAX-2.0". I had a feeling it is
>> "neither here nor
>> there" but I wanted to double-check - I think I know what the issue is now
>> after reading the
>> corresponding documentation but I will return and send more info if I cannot
>> resolve it.
>>
>> A separate question - is there a "bridge" between Axis WS and its tools and
>> CFX? Can an Axis
>> WS client call a CFX-implemented WS and vice versa or not?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>>> Demetris,
>>>
>>> CXF includes the ability to build Soap 1.1 Javascript clients for
>>> doc/lit and rpc/lit services. JAX-WS is relatively neither here nor
>>> there.
>>>
>>> The code can be run in two modes. You can run the tool as a
>>> standalone, and you get Javascript that (with the utility file
>>> supplied) will run anywhere that has a compatible request object. Or,
>>> you can ask any CXF-implemented web service to deliver a javascript
>>> client, and one will be returned.
>>>
>>> Have you read http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/javascript-clients.html?
>>>
>>> --benson

In