cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: propose: split systests
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:12:06 GMT
On Thu August 27 2009 9:03:22 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> I propose a simple split of systests into about 5 large buckets. That
> way, when one hits a failure, one doesn't have to rerun the entire
> gigantic pile.

I'd definitely be OK with that.  Probably split them by category somehow.
REST, ws-* (for security/rm/addressing/etc..), transports (jms/http/etc...),
etc...

Would definitely make things a bit easier to catch failures.   The "-rf" maven
flag could also help pick up things when things do fail and such.

The only "issue" I have with it is that it MAY make it difficult to merge test
changes to the older branches as part of merging fixes there.   We'll probably
want to merge the splits down through as well which may not be easy.   :-(

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org