cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Improving JBossWS-CXF Client Side Integration
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:25:56 GMT
Hi Dan,
I'm taking this from Richard as he's busy with other things. I've just
taken a look deep in details and I think CXF already provides us a mean
of setting properties in the port (actually in the request context upon
port creation).
I've just tried leveraging the bus extensions in ServiceImpl and it
seems to work:

bus.setExtension(new ServiceRefStubPropertyConfigurer(serviceRef),
Configurer.class);

public class ServiceRefStubPropertyConfigurer implements Configurer
{
   public void configureBean(String name, Object beanInstance)
   {
      if (beanInstance instanceof JaxWsProxyFactoryBean)
      {
         ... //here we set the props in the jaxws proxy factory bean
      }
   }
}

The ServiceImpl gets the configurer from the bus after having created
the jaxws proxy factory bean.
Then my custom configurer sets the props in the JaxWSProxyFactoryBean
which in turns copies them to the request context in method
clientClientProxy(Client c), that is called when getting the port.

Now, here are my few questions:
- could this be considered a proper use of the Configurer? I've found
just one implementation of this interface, for something related to
spring configuration
- I see Configurer has two methods:
void configureBean(Object beanInstance);
void configureBean(String name, Object beanInstance);

I'd actually add another call for the configuration in ServiceImpl using
the former (configureBean(Object beanInstance)) as technically speaking
the latter seems to me to be used for configuring beans of a specific
name and currently the ServiceImpl uses that for
portName+".jaxws-client.proxyFactory" beans.

Let me know what do you think, considering you said this could be of use
also for integrations issues besides JBossWS.
Thanks
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano