cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Mayank Mishra <mayank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security header wsse:Security is missing in Response
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 03:41:32 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Wed July 8 2009 5:29:16 pm rahul.soa wrote:
>
>> Thanks Mayank for the response. So that means Client should have
>> WSS4JOutInterceptor configured to send the secured SOAP Request and should
>> also be configured with WSS4JInInterceptor to receive the secured Response
>> from Server. And contrary applies to Server.
>>

> That's right.
>
> This is partially why using the WS-SecurityPolicy stuff makes it a bit easier.
> You don't need to mess with interceptors as the Policy framework handles that.
> You just need to add a little configuration to the endpoint or client (via
> standard JAX-WS context property mechanisms) and the policy framework does the
> rest.
>
> Dan

True. You can provide the WS-SecurityPolicy for input and output
elements (if you want to configure them differently), or operation
level/binding level (they applies to all input and output messages for
all operations inside Binding).
You can write an external policy file or can embed the policy element
inside using the PolicyReference element of WS-Policy. It's quite neat
and compatible with all WS Engines (ofcourse a few asserations for
configuring  keystore, callbacks etc which are not there is
WS-SecurityPolicy specification.

With Regards,
Mayakn