cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Williams <jorge.willi...@rackspace.com>
Subject PATCH: JAX-RS Handle possible number format exception when reading primitive param
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:27:12 GMT

Hello all,

We ran into this issue in JAX-RS:   A request to something like /path/
to/{id} where {id} is expected to be an integer would throw a
NumberFormatException in the case where we send something other than
an integer (/path/to/bla, for example).  The NumberFormatException
didn't find its way to our ExceptionMapper and resulted in an XMLFault
being serialized which is wrong.

The attached patch fixes things for us.  We simply capture the NFE and
resend it as a WebApplicationException -- we send a  404 when we're
dealing with path params and 400 otherwise.  The patch is against the
current trunk but honestly we've really only tested against 2.2.2 --
since that's what we're using :-)

Regards,

jOrGe W.

at abuse@rackspace.com, and delete the original message.