cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SOAP/TCP server-side
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:21:08 GMT

Krzysztof,

On Fri July 24 2009 6:35:12 pm Krzysztof Wilkos wrote:
> We've got working client for SOAP over TCP protocol. It was tested
> with .Net service. It still needs some improvments and more
> documentation but my second task for GSoC is writting server side so I
> have to hurry up.
> I need a piece of advice about SOAP/TCP server side design. I'm
> thinking about using MINA together with CXF inside Spring.

MINA is definitely the way to go.   Good idea.

> In
> architecture guide there's just few words about destinations.  I know
> that I have to write DestinationFactory and Destination classes.

You may NOT have to write the DestinationFactory thing.   Since this is very
soap specific, it's proabably would be preferred to add this into the soap
binding like the soap/jms stuff.    The soap binding already has a
DestinationFactory registered.   The "createDestination" calls in there would
just need updating to detect when soap/tcp is needed (url scheme?) and create
yours.

> Are
> there any other nessesary classes? How I have to register my
> DestinationFactory so that it would be avaiable from
> DestinationFactoryManager?

Normally in spring via the META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-XXXXXX.xml files.   Take
a look at those.  However, if put into soap binding, it's already done.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org