cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Soap message encoding
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:39:53 GMT

To be completely honest, I'm very confused by this.   Under pretty much every
circumstance I can think of, the service objects will get the data as "String"
objects, which are aren't encoded.    The service really should have no
knowledge (or need for such knowledge) of how the data was represented on the
wire.

The exception being attachments where you would get a DataSource or similar,
but in that case, you have complete control over it in the object.

I guess I'd need more details about how the encoding is impacting the stuff
the Servers handler is doing.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp