cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Holtzman <jholtz...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Whiteboard pattern for JAX-RS services
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:00:11 GMT
I've got some code that allows OSGI bundles to use the whiteboard pattern to
register restful services.  When a service is registered with a specific
property, say, "jaxrs.resource=true" the JAX-RS implementation registers
that service as a JAX-RS resource.  The same could be done with message body
readers and writers, too.  In my implementation, the JAX-RS servlet is
registered under the "/rest/*" URL, and all of the JAX-RS resources fall
below that, so /rest/foo can be provided by one bundle and /rest/bar could
be provided by another.

Is this something the CXF folks would be interested in adding?  If so, does
it belong in the cxf-minimal bundle, or as its own add-on bundle?  If people
are familiar with pax-web and pax-web-extender-whiteboard, they'll recognize
that this kind of thing can be broken out into its own bundle.  In the
pax-web case, though, they decided to merge the whiteboard functionality
into their main bundle.

Full disclosure: I've been using another JAX-RS impl to do this, but with
the CXF impl passing the 1.0 TCK, I figured that it's time to re-evaluate :)

Thanks,
Josh