cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Integrating JAX-RS runtime into DOSGi
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:46:52 GMT
Hi

I'm planning to integrate the JAX-RS runtime into DOSGi.

Both JAXRS endpoints and client proxies can be created either from
Spring or programmatically and they can work with JAXB, Aegis, XmlBeans.

First CXF minimal bundle needs to be updated to include
cxf-frontend-jaxrs and depend on jaxrs-1.0 api. This should affect the
overall bundle size too much.

Next, as far as DOSGi RI is concerned :

If HTTP intent is available and org.apache.cxf.dosgi.frontend.jaxrs is
there then JAXRS gets involved, either on the server or the client
sides.

I think that should be enough for a start.

Next we can ensure that no JAX-RS annotations are required for JAXRS
runtime to operate in DOSGi case as we now support provisioning of the
metadata out of band but it can be done later on..

Josh, if you're interested then we can work on integrating JAX-RS into
DOSGi together, given that you've provided a JAXWS patch..

Cheers, Sergey