cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aegis schema validation stuff...
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:18:23 GMT
Let me try this again.

My first project in the area of Aegis and Schema was to add code to validate
that the schemas produced by Aegis are/were valid schemas. Hypothetically,
we could do the same thing with the output of JAXB or any other schema
producer, or even input schemas for tools. This uses Xerces, which in the
only trustworthy mechanism I know of to consume a W3C schema and tell you if
it's valid.

Arguably, this business is really a development tool, for us or for anyone
adding custom Aegis types or otherwise building data bindings. We hope that
the code we are sending around works well enough that users should feel the
need to check up on us. If someone wanted to twist my arm to look into
moving this to the wsdl validation tool, I'm probably persuadable -- if we
can come up with a way to run that tool on the output of all our Aegis test
services.

My second project was to validate payload against a schema using MSV. I've
been neglecting to quite finish this up by adding the write side to it, but
the read side is up and running.