cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sky-Tiger <darktemplars...@gmail.com>
Subject Delay activing web services
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 01:56:46 GMT

Hi all,
     I have a requirement that delaying registration ws until HTTP server
received  the first request.
     Firstly, i dont want make jetty as we container, it should be embedded
into CXF as default.
     Second ,i need a jetty handler to intercept the request. But CXF always
create jetty server instance after you really call the Endpoint.publish
method.
     So i need to create the JettyHTTPServerEngine instance myself and put
it into the portMap which was in JettyHTTPServerEngineFactory. Each
JettyHTTPServerEngine contains a jetty server instance which i need to add
my handler on it.
     But when i subclass the JettyHTTPServerEngine, i found some issues that
JettyHTTPServerEngine makes all numbers as private and not all of them have
get/set method.  JettyHTTPServerEngineFactory also.
    Why we need to make all things private? protected is not ok? If you dont
want to someone subclass your class, you can make it as final. But private
should be more considered, maybe protected is enough.

    I want to know the soluton is ok or not. I tried ,it works well.
    Can we change the private to protected?

Regards

Hubert.