cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Soap message encoding
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:37:58 GMT
On Mon June 15 2009 3:05:56 am anoopPrasad wrote:
> Dear Dan,
>              So how do you suggest we handle the scenario where SOAP
> message consists of Chinese/German characters ?

This already works.   Just make sure the HTTP Content-Type header has the
correct charset set in it.   Basically, if the charset ISN'T set, CXF was
assuming UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1.  This is now fixed.   If the charset IS
set, then nothing changes.

It definitely wouldn't have affected Chinese usage since none of the Chinese
characters would have been in ISO-8859-1.   You would have HAD to have set a
charset for those.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp