cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject GSoC projects for CXF
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:37:12 GMT

Now that the "implementation/code" phase for the GSoC stuff has begun, it
would definitely be good to start getting some additional communications
flowing to see how progress is coming, resolve any roadblocks, answer
questions, etc....

Thus, here are some ideas I thought of...
1)  File some JIRA tasks on our JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF
It would be good to get a "base" jira created for your project and then start
adding sub tasks to it.    As things are implemented, the sub-projects can be
resolved so we can see progress and such.   Also provides a good "checklist"
of what remains and such.  (also, patches can be attached to the jiras so we
can apply them)

2) I'd also like to start seeing regular "status" updates to the dev list just
to keep tabs.   Remember, part of your final evaluation with Google involves
how involved you got with the community.   Thus, speaking up on the dev list
is a very good thing.

3) One "interesting" thought:  I'd encourage you to get a github.com account
and "fork" the CXF project (http://github.com/apache/cxf)  and start pushing
changes as you work in there.   Thus, we can really see what you are doing,
how it all works together, etc....   Additionally, if the "patch" starts
getting complex, git does a MUCH better job of dealing with complex patches
than subversion.

Anyway, at this point, it's kind of important to get some information flowing.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org