cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Integrating JAX-RS runtime into DOSGi
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:34:00 GMT
Hi Josh

This is super, thanks for starting the actual integration project.

> > I'm not sure how the cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs dependency should be handled.

It is embedded inside cxf-minimal-bundle (2,3-SNAPSHOT) so there's no need to update single
or multi bundle distributions.
Yesterday I updated them so that a jaxrs1.0-api specs bundle is pulled in so everything should
be set in this regard.

I think this code :

http://codereview.appspot.com/71041/patch/3002/3009

should work as is really, thanks.
A couple of comments :

Server :
The only code which may need to be update is the one which checks a DataBinding. At the moment
it can be considered as redundant as
the JAX-RS frontend does not allow yet for plugging in yet CXF DataBindings. Instead, it relies
on JAX-RS MessageBodyProviders which
are essentially can be seen as data bindings too.

JAX-RS mandates that JAXB is supported out of the box thus, in our case, we don't need to
do anything if a "jaxb" property is set,
we only need to add an Aegis provider (which actually depends on Aegis databinding) if no
jaxb is set, you can register an
AegisProvider like this :

bean.setProviders(Collections.singletonList(new AegisProvider()));

Client.

If needed, you can also work with JAXRSCleintFactoryBean. JAXRSClientFactory just delegates
to it through its utility methods.
One of these methods also accepts a list of providers, so if no jaxb is set then that method
needs to be used to register an Aegis
provider

So I think it's nearly there. I'd also consider checking if some model info is available and
use it if yes, such that client
application bundles won't have to import jaxrs* packages if it is something they don't want
to do... But it can be done later on

thanks for your help, Sergey