cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOSGi] Including Zookeeper-based Discovery in the builds
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 11:11:46 GMT
Hi all,

As I've mentioned before I've started working on an RFC 119 / DOSGi
compliant discovery implementation based on Apache Zookeeper. There's
already quite a bit of code + tests in SVN, but they're currently not
yet part of the build (they're simply not listed as submodules in the
parent pom).
I would like to include them in the build, but there is one issue. The
ZooKeeper libraries only work on Java 6.

The CXF/DOSGi code all works with Java 5, but obviously it needs to
run under a Java 6 VM if you want to use the Zookeeper stuff.

My question is this: would it be possible to configure the
(Maven/Hudson) build in such a way that it runs under Java 6, but
produces Java 5 compatible .jar files. That way users who don't use
the zookeeper stuff can use Java 5, while those who do run under Java
6. I think this can be done with the javac -target 1.5 flag, but I
have no experience how to configure this under Maven/Hudson...

Anyone an idea?

Cheers,

David