cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject FastInfoset interoperability
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 16:46:33 GMT
Hi Dan,
in the last months I've been in touch with Alexander Philippou from
Noemax to run some FastInfoset interoperability tests using JBoss.
Noemax provides the WCF-Xtensions that enable FastInfoset support in
MSFT WCF.
The testing process started before our JBoss - Apache CXF collaboration,
so we originally used our JBossWS-Native stack for this [1] (and it
worked well with Noemax endpoint).
Then recently I created a simple client [2] to run the same interop
tests using JBossWS-CXF stack. Besides an issue identified in Sun's
FastInfoset library [3] (which was solved getting in touch with Oleksiy
Stashok), we finally achieved the same good results with the JBossWS
stack based on Apache CXF.
So we're probably going to announce the results about the
interoperability. I think this is relevant both for JBoss and Apache
CXF, so for sure you need to know and perhaps someone from Apache CXF
might want to write about this once the announce here is out (and it
will mention the results have been achieved using CXF stack too). Just
remember FastInfoset 1.2.6 (kindly released for this by Oleksiy) is
required.
Cheers
Alessio

[1] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-2196