cxf-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org
Subject Re: Working towards a DOSGi 1.0 release
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:42:21 GMT
Hi all,

I've been doing some work regarding CXF-1966, removing the Equinox
jars and moving the system tests to use Felix 1.4.1. It now works with
Spring 1.2.0-rc2-SNAPSHOT.

As Eoghan says, there is still the missing functionality around the
versions in the ServicePublication. The impact here is that if you
have a service that exposes interface A version 1 and a consumer has
interface A version 2, while these 2 are binary incompatible, the
system is not capable of telling that there is a mismatch. The current
code base simply assumes that they are compatible...

While this is a gap that needs to be fixed, it might still be worth
doing some sort of a release, as what's there today is quite useful in
itself. Maybe we shouldn't call it 1.0, but something like 0.9
instead?
Having a release out there means that folks can start using this
without having to depend on SNAPSHOT jars.

My understanding is that Spring 1.2.0 will be out some day this week.
I think it would be good do to a release of some sort at that stage...

Thoughts anyone?

David