cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: wsdl2java and @XmlJavaTypeAdapter
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:09:31 GMT
Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> Honestly, it's probably just a case of the standalone TCK not running
>> into it and no one else reporting it yet.   Thus, it's a bug that
>> needs to be fixed.   :-)
>>

> OK, I'll work on enabling this feature (adding that annotation to SEI
> methods and params) through a proper Annotator class then.
> Jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2148

I've attached a patch there for providing a XmlJavaTypeAdapterAnnotator
that is added to JavaMethod and JavaParameter instances when
xsd:hexBinary is specified (rpc/lit and doc/lit-bare).
Currently the annotator only supports annotating methods and parameters
even if the @XmlJavaTypeAdapter has
@Target({PACKAGE,FIELD,METHOD,TYPE,PARAMETER}); the reason is that I
don't see usecases (consider we're dealing with tools, wsdl->java)
requiring us to annotate other things. Anyway this can be extended if
required in future.
Finally, currently the only adapter we take care about is the
HexBinaryAdapter, as it's the only one that seems (at least to me) to be
actually required when doing wsdl->java. After all that's the only one
required to pass the (quite comprehensive)
com/sun/ts/tests/jaxws/ee/w2j/rpc/literal/parametermodetest JavaEE5 CTS
TCK reverse test.
Anyway, in case of future need, the new annotator of course works with
any other adapter.
Cheers
Alessio

--