cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject wsdl2java and @XmlJavaTypeAdapter
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:11:41 GMT
Hi,
I'm working on some failures in the JAXWS module of the JavaEE CTS TCK
using JBossWS-CXF (ie. the jbossws integration stack leveraging Apache CXF).
Currently I see CXF seems not to add the
javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.XmlJavaTypeAdapter annotation when
running the wsdl2java tool against a wsdl with a message like this:
<message name="inoutSimpleTypesResponse">
    <part name="varHexBinary" type="xsd:hexBinary" />
</message>

AFAIK this should cause the corresponding param in one of the SEI method
to have a @XmlJavaTypeAdapter(HexBinaryAdapter.class) .
Looking at the code and at JIRA, it seems to me CXF cares about that
annotation only when doing java2ws and when dealing with wrappers
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1178).
Am I missing something / is there a specific reason why the annotation
is not generated by java2wsdl?
I might look at this issue and think about a solution, but I'd prefer an
insider opinion first ;-)
Thanks
Alessio

--