cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Garner <nigel.gar...@upco.co.uk>
Subject Re: configurability of published soap:address location on jaxws endpoints
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:36:19 GMT
Hi,

I found this thread in the archives and it closely maps an issue that I
am facing at the minute..

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-dev/200803.mbox/browser

The thread led to a change in the code to allow for the inclusion of a
publishedEndpointUrl configuration parameter in the cxf-servlet.xml.
This parameter is then used by the WSDLQueryHandler class when building
the WSDL file to serve.

We are currently developing a number of services using WSDL first
development with the added complexity that the web services are deployed
behind a proxy server that rewrites the incoming URL. The environment
has no DNS so all configuration has to be IP based. The
publishedEndpointURI property allows me to adjust the endpoint address
in the published wsdl file at deployment time, however there are two
other locations where IP addresses are used that I need to update.

The first of these is in the XSD imports inside the WSDL. These are
showing as the internal network IP and port of the JBoss server instance
as opposed to the external facing URL. As such no consumers of the
service can use the published WSDL to generate a client because the
XSD's can not be retrieved.

The second of these is the 'Available Services' page which lists the
operations, Endpoint URL and WSDL URL. This page also shows the internal
network details as opposed to the publishedEndpointURL configuration
parameter.

I was wondering if this is an issue with my configuration or a
deliberate decision for the framework?

Thanks in advance for any help that you could offer.

Nigel