cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Tong, Gary \(IDEAS\)" <Gary.T...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Possibly retarded question
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:19:14 GMT
Is there any value in allowing a method to respond to both GET and POST requests?

Currently something like:

class Foo {
  @GET
  @POST
  public String test() {...}
}

Only responds to @GET but does not respond to @POST.

I agree that conceptually, @GET and @POST should be completely different methods.  This is
just something random that came up when working on our application.  One of the clients that
we're using sends GET in some situations and POST in other situations.  As other libraries
generally handle GETs and POSTs interchangably, this wasn't an issue until we migrated this
to CXF.

In any case, it was easy enough to work around this, and I'm not even if I think it should
be changed.  Mostly just curious to hear the team's thoughts and see if this issue has come
up before.

Cheers,
Gary