cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rao, Sameer V" <S...@amfam.com>
Subject wsdl2java<-->XJC "Options" being passed to SchemaCompiler does not seem to have effect
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:33:04 GMT
I was looking at the JAXBDataBinding class
(cxf-tools-wsdlto-databinding-jaxb) and was not sure of the following-

1. We are building Options used by SchemaCompiler and calling its
parseArgument(). However, values passed through that argument list don't
seem to take any effect? Example the following-

				<wsdlOptions>
				    <wsdlOption>

<wsdl>${basedir}/src/main/resources/MyService.wsdl</wsdl>
					<extraargs>

					    <extraarg>-xjc -verbose, -p
org.myapps.entities</extraarg>
					</extraargs>
				    </wsdlOption>
				</wsdlOptions>

Looking at the code in JAXBDataBinding, the call to
opts.parseArguments(args) should pass the above values to XJC and they
should have the intended effect. But I don't see it having.

2. In JAXBDataBinding we pass the schemas to XJC by the call-
addSchemas(opts, schemaCompiler, schemaLists); i.e. pass the schema
list. Would we gain any benefit by passing the WSDL itself? I read the
XJC accepts a WSDL with a -WSDL option?