cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A plague of DOMs
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:08:21 GMT
On Mon March 23 2009 8:13:44 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out how to obliterate oft-maligned DOM cache,
> and I've run into a complexity.
>
> The JAXB tooling down in wsdlto needs, apparently, to be fed all the
> schemas -- even the imported schemas -- as top level documents. It expects
> the WSDLServiceBuilder to leave a property hanging about that is a map from
> string to Element. The strings are a document base URIs. So, for a schema
> embedded in a WSDL, they are the WSDL URI, no fragment.
>
> Does this surprise anyone?

Not entirely, but also something I would LOVE to see changed.   :-)

One issue of feeding DOM's to JAXB is that you don't get ANY line number
information at all from JAXB if an error pops up.   What I think I'd prefer to
do is have XmlSchema hold onto the System URI (not sure if it already does, it
might already) for each schema and feed them to JAXB as StreamSource things.
That would allow us to get real line number error messages from it at the
expense of parsing speed.

I also think that JAXB xjc can handle the wsdl directly.   It just pulls the
schema out of it itself.  Thus, even the schemas embedded in the wsdl wouldn't
need to be DOM.

> How does the Dynamic client work? does it use
> this same horror?

Probably.   Not really sure though.

--
Daniel Kulp