cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Design problem with schema validation
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:39:45 GMT
On Thu March 5 2009 11:22:23 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> The current validation API assumes that validation is a feature of a
> reader. That's not really what we want here, exactly, and I'm not sure
> how to get there. We have a StaX stream, and a portion of the events
> on it should correspond to a schema. Unless we have an xsd description
> of the soap envelope and such, I'm not sure what to expect here.

Looking at the wstx api, the streams inplement Validatable which has methods
to start/stop validation.   Could we initially create the streams in non-
validating and then when it starts reading the types, then set the grammar on
them to start validating.

I'm actually thinking that the validator extenstion thing you wrote COULD
write an interceptor that lives immediately AFTER the interceptors that
read/write the <soap:body>  and/or before the databinding interceptors.   It
could set the schema on the stream.   Thus, wstx validation would work for ALL
databindings, not just Aegis.      That really could be interesting as we
could do performance compares between letting JAXB do validation or using wstx
validation.   Maybe even see if we can get wstx to handle the validation with
MTOM a bit better.  (to work around the jaxb bugs we've found there)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org